Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Roadtrip Diaries: Weston Missouri


Recently we spent the day in the charming little town of Weston, Missouri.  We had the best time walking up and down main street shopping in the antique stores (I bought some super cute vintage hats and bags that I'll be listing soon), wine tasting at Pirtle Winery and trying shots at McCormicks (Weston is home to the McCormick Distillery) and having lunch at the Weston Cafe where they make the BEST gravy ever...........I'm not even kidding.  At the end of the day we stopped at O'Malley's Pub for a pint and some live Irish music (yeah---we did a little bit of drinking that day).  We didn't stay overnight, but there are tons of bed and breakfasts in beautiful old historic buildings in town.  This really is a terrific place to spend the day AND every 2nd Saturday of the month all of the shops have wine tasting while you shop! (I'm all about the free liquor!!)
Excuse the thumbprint


 Weston Cafe. The BEST Gravy in the world!!

 I'm seriously not kidding.............This will be my last meal before I'm executed.

 From Pirtle Winery. 

I suggest the Mellow Red.

xoxo Dirty Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment